Monday, December 14, 2009

Final Post- Reflection

Hey everyone! Wow can you believe that the semester is almost over? I can't. My VIPS experience was amazing. It has taught me that being a teacher is the right path for me. When I saw those kids' eyes light up every time I entered the room, I knew that I was making some little impact on them. I found that the students listened to me and were responsive to my authority whenever I was speaking. My favorite time spent with my students was Science time. I helped Mrs. Flower organize the experiments and also help the students think about what they were observing. These fourth graders were so smart and had so many questions about the experiments, and it was awesome to see them learn. I know now what it was like for my elementary teachers to observe us learn in the classroom. To be a teacher is to be someone who can get to students and allow them to help them form their own opinions about what they are learning. For me, as a student studying to be a teacher, I have been able to learn about education theories and ideas on how teachers should interact with students and how we should mold our teacher identities into a combination of all theories. This experience not only in my school but also in FNED 346 has been awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment